[Nut-upsdev] Voltage transfer points.

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Sun Feb 26 21:07:13 UTC 2006

Hi,

Need to get an answer to the following. I find the naming to be
little redundant regarding the 'input.transfer.boost.low - hige'.
The same goes for input.transfer.trim.low - high.

As I find it, there is only one point where the boost or buck (trim)
kicks in.

Let's say that the nominal voltage is 230 volt, then we have a
input.transfer.boost point on say 220 volt.

If the voltage drop any more, it reach the 'input.transfer.low',
when it would go to battery.

The same goes for buck (trim). Like this.

input.transfer.high: 255 Volt (Go on battery over that voltage)
input.transfer.trim: 240 volt (Trim the voltage)
input.voltage.nominal: 230 volt
input.voltage.boost: 220 Volt (Boost the Voltage)
input.transfer.low: 205 Volt (Go on battery under that voltage)

So the transfer.boost.low value is the same as transfer.low as
i see it. The same goes for transfer.trim.high and input.transfer.high.

Or is there any ups out there that you can set the
input.voltage.boost.low to say 210 and input.transfer.low to 205.
What does that ups doing between 210 and 205 Volt ?

Regards
/Kjell