[Nut-upsdev] Voltage transfer points.

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Feb 26 21:30:59 UTC 2006

As far as I (and grep) can see, the only drivers that are defining
input.transfer.trim.* or input.transfer.boost.* are:

mge-hid.c:

 This driver explicitly treats input.transfer.boost.low as an alias for
 input.transfer.low. Similarly, input.transfer.trim.high is an alias
 for input.transfer.high.

mge-utalk.h:

 Exactly the same behavior as mge-hid.c.

al175.c:

 This driver only defines input.transfer.boost.low, and does not
 define any other variables in the input.transfer.* family.

There are no drivers that distinguish input.transfer.boost.low from
input.transfer.low or input.transfer.trim.high from input.transfer.high.

So I agree with you that the variables are redundant; strictly
speaking, only four of them are needed:

input.transfer.low
input.transfer.boost
input.transfer.trim  (buck?)
input.transfer.high

I suspect that the low/high terminology comes from MGE, as their
drivers are the only ones using them. You better check with Arnaud
before making any changes.

-- Peter