[Nut-upsdev] newhidups (2.03-pre2) not working with APC Back-UPS

Charlie Brady charlieb-nut-upsdev at e-smith.com
Thu Jan 26 22:23:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Peter Selinger wrote:

> I see. The Back-UPS 500 organizes its usage tree differently. Try the
> attached patch. If it works, I will commit it to CVS. -- Peter

The patch didn't apply cleanly - only due to white space differences I
think. But after massaging the patch, the first run time effort doesn't
look good:

Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (07CC/0501) (001/003)
- VendorID: 07cc
- ProductID: 0501
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (0000/0000) (001/001)
- VendorID: 0000
- ProductID: 0000
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
dstate_init: sock /var/run/nut/newhidups-hiddev0 open on fd 4
upsdrv_updateinfo...

=>Got to reconnect!

= device has been disconnected, try to reconnect =
Closing device
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0805c450 ***
Aborted
[root at test7 ~]#

I don't see anything obviously wrong in the patch.

--
Charlie