[Nut-upsdev] newhidups (2.03-pre2) not working with APC Back-UPS

Charlie Brady charlieb-nut-upsdev at e-smith.com
Thu Jan 26 22:35:36 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Charlie Brady wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Peter Selinger wrote:
>
> > I see. The Back-UPS 500 organizes its usage tree differently. Try the
> > attached patch. If it works, I will commit it to CVS. -- Peter
>
> The patch didn't apply cleanly - only due to white space differences I
> think. But after massaging the patch, the first run time effort doesn't
> look good:

Wait on, that was silliness on my part. I'd commented out the patch line
in my rpm spec file, until I remade the diff file.

> =>Got to reconnect!

> = device has been disconnected, try to reconnect =
> Closing device
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x0805c450 ***
> Aborted
> [root at test7 ~]#

So, that was with unpatched 2.0.3-pre2. But not repeatable. When I
restarted newhidups, it behaved sanely.

Now after applying your changes, upsmon appears to be happy:

polling ups: UPS at localhost
get_var: UPS at localhost / status
     status: [OL]
    parsing: [OL]: ups_on_line(UPS at localhost) (no change)

polling ups: UPS at localhost
get_var: UPS at localhost / status
     status: [OL]
    parsing: [OL]: ups_on_line(UPS at localhost) (no change)

Moreover, it notices when I pull the power on the UPS:

polling ups: UPS at localhost
get_var: UPS at localhost / status
     status: [OL]
    parsing: [OL]: ups_on_line(UPS at localhost) (no change)

polling ups: UPS at localhost
get_var: UPS at localhost / status
     status: [OB DISCHRG]
    parsing: [OB]: ups_on_batt(UPS at localhost) (first time)
do_notify: ntype 0x0001 (ONBATT)
UPS UPS at localhost on battery
    parsing: [DISCHRG]:

Broadcast message from nut (Thu Jan 26 17:34:46 2006):

UPS UPS at localhost on battery
polling ups: UPS at localhost
get_var: UPS at localhost / status
     status: [OB DISCHRG]
    parsing: [OB]: ups_on_batt(UPS at localhost) (no change)
    parsing: [DISCHRG]:

Thanks!

--
Charlie