[Nut-upsdev] RE: [Nut-upsuser] SOS : Help needed for UPSCentralionBlazer2000VAUSB

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Tue May 2 14:03:23 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Guillaume JAOUEN <guillaume.jaouen at rlconsultant.fr> wrote:
> As you're working on a generic megatec protocol driver, I want to know if
> this driver will work with USB UPS.

No USB UPS has been reported to work with "megatec" to date. And only
if it uses a plain and simple USB/Serial converter, there is the
possibility of support. Megatec-over-HID isn't supported right now.

Unfortunately, I'm don't currently have enough time to spend learning
how to use libhid, and how to handle the protocol over HID.
"energizerups" does this, and it looks very complex (and I'm assuming
it works in a similar way... which may not be true since different
Megatec-over-HID UPSes seem to use different controllers). And, in a
few months, when I may have enough time to do it, I won't have access
to this kind of hardware anymore.

It would be nice if any of the authors of similar drivers could jump
in to help modify megatec.

--
Carlos Rodrigues