Fwd: [Nut-upsdev] Fun with TrippLite

Brandon Siegel bsiegel at fastmail.fm
Sat May 6 22:31:09 UTC 2006

Peter:

I posted on this list in March trying to get the Tripplite Omni1000 I
have working with NUT. I posted a bunch of debug output for the
developers, which I'll paste below, in case it's of use to you. If there
is any other output you need, please don't hesitate to ask :)

- --Brandon Siegel

The device IDs are:

Checking device (09AE/2005) (001/002)
- - VendorID: 09ae
- - ProductID: 2005
- - Manufacturer: unknown
- - Product: unknown
- - Serial Number: unknown
- - Bus: 001

When I manually listened for events, these are what I saw when I
plugged/unplugged the power. The comments below each one are Charles'
interpretation (seems Tripplite messed up the usage page for this model).

> 8400d0: 0 when on battery, 1 when on wall power

potentially 0x8500d0 instead (battery page, ACPresent)

> 84004b: 0 when on wall power and battery (sorry, not much help on
> this one)

could be 0x85004b (battery page, NeedReplacement)

> 840045: 1 when on battery and also 1 immediately after wall power is
> restored, but changes to 0 after about 5-10 seconds

looks like 0x850045 (battery page, Discharging)

> 840044: 0 when on battery and also 0 immediately after wall power is
> restored, but changes to 1 after about 5-10 seconds

looks like 0x850044 (battery page, Charging)

So it looks like someone confused pages 0x84 and 0x85.

Where are these events coming from, by the way? Did you test with hidups?

> I noticed that immediately after wall power was restored, the LCD
> displayed voltage level of 122 volts. I suspect it is possible that
> the changing of those last two after a few seconds may involve
> automatic voltage regulation, or perhaps when the battery is
> charging.

Sounds like the latter.