[Nut-upsdev] Newhidups gets unbound after a while

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun May 7 23:26:17 UTC 2006

I believe this is the bug that was fixed in r392 (April 5):

r392 | aquette | 2006-04-05 05:04:37 -0300 (Wed, 05 Apr 2006) | 3 lines

newhidups: fix the "double free or corruption" crash upon device
   reconnexion (Debian bug #354305)

However, the fix is a bit of cheating, because the device data
structure now simply isn't freed at all.  I would still like to find
out what caused this "double free" problem. I spent a few hours
reading the libusb sources, and I could not find any memory management
code that was suspicious.  Very unsatisfying. It works for now, but I
think I will try to scrutinize this bug a little more when I have
time, particularly since I think it did not occur before December or
so. -- Peter