[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r585 - in trunk: . conf server

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:15:07 CET 2006

[quickly passing by, since I just had my 2nd baby this morning ;-) ... ]

2006/11/16, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> It looks like the old default was 15 seconds, and the new default is 5
> seconds. Was that intentional? -- Peter

first note that I never took time to comment on your 5 to 15 sec
evolution. now I do ;-)

the original value was 5, before you changed it. I think the 5 value
should be kept.
the 15 value is mostly needed for verbose smart units, such as
newhidups supported devices, which have (too) long startup procedures.
The problem is that some init systems will block the boot process for ie 15 sec.
The best solution would be to address such drivers startup time, ie by
dropping the initial update, and keeping only upon initups/info to do
an initial ping. We would then allow a longer time for the initial
data dump. Comments?