[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r585 - in trunk: . conf server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 17 01:32:04 CET 2006

> [quickly passing by, since I just had my 2nd baby this morning ;-) ... ]

Congratulations! ;-)

> 2006/11/16, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
>> It looks like the old default was 15 seconds, and the new default is 5
>> seconds. Was that intentional? -- Peter

Euhm, not really. Judging from what I wrote in the ups-user list, I was
under the impression that the timeout value was 5 seconds, instead of 15.
Blame it on the time of day (and apparently I shouldn't commit anything
after 6pm).

[...]

> The best solution would be to address such drivers startup time, ie by
> dropping the initial update, and keeping only upon initups/info to do
> an initial ping. We would then allow a longer time for the initial
> data dump. Comments?

I think that would be a much better solution than what we have now. Also
I'm still not very happy with the way we do the pinging, despite my
earlier patches to change things a little. I agree that better way to fix
this, is in the clients, rather than blocking in the server until the
first data arrives.

Regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands