[Nut-upsdev] Re: New automake targets and Debian packages

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:26:26 CET 2006

2006/11/20, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> Mostly about the dependencies, I think. I'm just trying to keep things
> the way they are, since there are already installed nut-snmp and
> nut-usb packages out there. Arnaud?

exactly. The package splitting is there to lower the packages dependencies.
Or more exactly, to have a balance between standard and optional
features, against needed dependencies.

So apart from installing the core (drivers, upsd, upsmon) comprising
the standard targets (serial and USB drivers), the other packages are
optional things  that would generate too much depends (ie NetSNMP for
nut-snmp, or libgd+httpd for nut-cgi).