[Nut-upsdev] NUT and Automake

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Tue Oct 17 19:16:07 UTC 2006

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> 2006/10/16, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> > I plan to merge this into the main branch after a period of testing,
> > if there are no objections.
>
> according to our discussion about the 2.0.5 release (simply a release
> of the current trunk), it would be better to release 2.0.5 before that
> merge (and the ones I mentionned before, the new conf and HAL
> branches...)

It's actually not much of a merge, because the changes I made are
almost exclusively to the build system and documentation (there were
only a few minor changes to source files; mostly renaming #define
VERSION macros to a different name). So the changes are orthogonal to
anything going on in the trunk.

Ironically, releasing 2.0.5-pre1 under automake would be a 2-minute
job ("make distcheck"), whereas under the old system, it has to be
done by hand (so I am worried it will never get done).

-- Peter