[Nut-upsdev] Red Hat Enterprise 3 build

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 19:13:03 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Ronald Reed <rreed at ops.sgp.arm.gov> wrote:
> When I do a make, everything seems to go fine until the drivers
> directory:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/buildbot/trunk/drivers'
> Makefile:1597: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/buildbot/trunk/drivers'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>

> Line 1597 is the last line in the Makefile for the drivers directory.

If this is the same problem you mentioned last night, then I think
these lines might be the root cause of the "make" error:

$ autoreconf --install
libtoolize: `config.guess' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
libtoolize: `config.sub' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
libtoolize: `ltmain.sh' exists: use `--force' to overwrite
configure.in:10: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
drivers/Makefile.am:35: driverexec_PROGRAMS was already defined in
condition SOME_DRIVERS_FALSE, which implies condition SOME_DRIVERS_FALSE
WITH_SERIAL_TRUE

# construct the list of drivers to build
 driverexec_PROGRAMS (User, where = drivers/Makefile.am:35) +=
 {
   SOME_DRIVERS_TRUE => $(DRIVER_BUILD_LIST)
   SOME_DRIVERS_FALSE =>
 }

That last part repeats multiple times, once for each driver I believe.
and then I get hundreds of the following:

Use of uninitialized value in list assignment at /usr/bin/automake line
8448.
/usr/bin/automake line 8449.
: warning: automake does not support driverexec_PROGRAMS being defined
conditionally

> Here is a list of the make versions for my machine:
>
> automake-1.6.3-5
> automake15-1.5-7
> automake14-1.4p6-6
> autoconf-2.57-3
> autoconf213-2.13-6

What happens if you type "automake --version"?

You can probably get rid of automake15, automake14 and autoconf213. It
might be that automake-1.6 is not new enough.

Peter, any ideas?

--
- Charles Lepple