[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Russ Romano russ at cb-1.com
Thu Apr 26 03:58:24 UTC 2007

I captured the information before reading this, so I'll give you what I
have for now, and if we need more data I'll capture some more.

You can download the MS Excel spreadsheet of the portmon captures here:
http://www.lvahs.com/pr2200.xls (I didn't want to flood the list with
huge emails)

The spreadsheet contains 4 sheets...

1) "UPS NOT Connected" - This is what the software OEM software sends to
the serial port trying to communicate with the UPS (but the UPS wasn't
connected here).

2) "Cyberpower PR2200 Connected" - This is all the traffic that went by
from the time the OEM software was loaded until it was reporting
constant status "on line" power.

3) "Repeats while on Line Power" - This snippet is repeated over and
over again while on line power.  Battery is at 100%, Load was 27%, Input
Voltage 121V, Freq 60 Hz, Temp 102F (screen capture of OEM control panel
at http://www.lvahs.com/pr2200.jpg)

4) "Power Fail and Recovery" - This string of data was captured starting
with the UPS on line power with a 27% load.  Portmon was cleared, and
the power was pulled.  The CPU temperature dropped to 98 degrees, and
then 96 degrees while on battery (because the fan runs when on battery).
The battery percentage read 100%, 98%, 97%, 96%, 86%, and then 85%
before power was restored somewhere around lines 441 through 458.

Let me know what else you may need.  I can easily vary the load, on line
and on battery.  There is a log of status, and I can probably set that
update interval to be whatever the natural update rate is of the OEM
software, and include that along with the portmon capture.  Just let me
know what you may want to see.

Thanks!
-Russ