[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Doug Reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Wed Apr 25 22:01:31 UTC 2007

Russ Romano wrote:
> Arjen/Doug,
>
> Thanks for the help on this!  I have Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX all
> running on site... So I can run just about anything necessary to get the
> data we need!
>
> I will move the computers to line power and debug the UPS stuff with a
> lamp as the load from now on!! :)  I really should have known better
> than to tinker with UPS drivers with the machines on the UPS (no less 4
> machines on the UPS!)
>
> I will use portmon and the cyberpower windows software and capture the
> first few seconds of output from portmon.  I'll also note all the
> reported data from the cyberpower software so we have a reference for
> how that batch of data was interpreted.

Just for reference sake, try to capture the on line / on battery information.  Also, try to vary the load; that will help us define what kind of information it spits out.  Pay attention to the load setting, try to plug/unplug a lamp / monitor /etc.  It also helps to drain it down a bit to see the percent of power remaining.  That might take a while since you have a 2200VA ups though.