[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Apr 28 14:21:24 UTC 2007

> As requested, the spreadsheet has been updated with new sheets for each
> of the above parameters.
>
> http://www.lvahs.com/pr2200.xls

Hmmm. I'm missing three commands, so apparently there are other things
that can be set in this UPS:

1) R<61>\r returns '220' (decimal). It is possible that this is the rating
of the UPS / 10, but I'm not sure about that.

2) R<41>\r returns '0' (decimal) and I have no clue what it means. It is
possible that a corresponding Q<41><something>\r command exists, but it
was not in the parameters you already tried.

3) The same goes for R<43>\r which also returns '0' (decimal). Again, it
is possible that a Q<43><something>\r command exists.

Could you try the remaining settings and check if either of these changes
these? It is also entirely possible that these values are referring to
something else. Like the number of (failed?) battery packs in the UPS,
time to wait before powering down, nominal battery voltage or something
like that. Judging from the location where they are in the sequence of
commands, I suspect these are fixed values, telling something about the
UPS.

Regarding the parameters you already tried, these all follow a similar
pattern. There is a default value and you can specify an offset. For
instance, the default output voltage when on battery is 120V. If you want
it raised to 130V, you can give the command Q<24><10>\r. Similarly, if you
want it lowered to 110V, the command is Q<24><246>\r ('unsigned char 246'
is bitwise the same as 'signed char -10'). I don't expect too many
surprises here.