[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Russ Romano russ at cb-1.com
Mon Apr 30 01:30:37 UTC 2007

> Hmmm. I'm missing three commands, so apparently there are
> other things that can be set in this UPS:
>
> 1) R<61>\r returns '220' (decimal). It is possible that this
> is the rating of the UPS / 10, but I'm not sure about that.
>
> 2) R<41>\r returns '0' (decimal) and I have no clue what it
> means. It is possible that a corresponding Q<41><something>\r
> command exists, but it was not in the parameters you already tried.
>
> 3) The same goes for R<43>\r which also returns '0'
> (decimal). Again, it is possible that a Q<43><something>\r
> command exists.
>
> Could you try the remaining settings and check if either of
> these changes these? It is also entirely possible that these
> values are referring to something else. Like the number of
> (failed?) battery packs in the UPS, time to wait before
> powering down, nominal battery voltage or something like
> that. Judging from the location where they are in the
> sequence of commands, I suspect these are fixed values,
> telling something about the UPS.

Argen,

Unfortunately, I have no knobs left to turn in the powerpanel software.
I've varied every parameter and checkbox feature available in the data
I've already provided.

I can try to force the UPS into a few different situations prior to
starting up the software and we can see if those values change during
the initial sequence.

1) I will cut the power to the UPS and have it running on battery before
starting the powerpanel software.

2) I will disconnect the batteries in the UPS and see if that changes
anything.

Can you think of any other scenario that you might like me to try?

-Russ