[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1043 - in trunk: . docs drivers

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Aug 12 01:00:57 UTC 2007

Hi Arjen,

I think the following three lines are typos, should be alarm_set():

     status_set("Replace battery!");
     status_set("Awaiting power!");
     status_set("Emergency stop!");

I thought ups.status was supposed to be a space-separated list of
tokens, so allowing multi-word tokens would perhaps not be a good
idea.

Also, the documentation (docs/new-drivers.txt) speaks of alarm "words"
not "phrases", and lists OVERHEAT as an example (docs/new-names.txt).
Will allowing multi-word alarms have any negative consequences?

I am happy, by the way, that you are working on the usbhid-ups driver,
which badly needs it. My child-care duties don't allow any time for
programming at the moment, so I had been hoping that someone might
step in if I sat on the sidelines long enough :)

-- Peter