[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1041 - in trunk: . drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Aug 13 21:23:48 UTC 2007

Arnaud Quette wrote:

> a quick note about HU_WALKMODE_*_UPDATE: this is a mess! really!
> at first, it was intended to only query the main variables, when the
> interrupt support wasn't yet implemented. It was interesting to lower
> a bit the USB communication on the UPS side, since as Arjen told, the
> UPS was already generating verbose outputs.
>
> the situation has evolved since that day...

Yes, but unfortunately we still need it. The belkin-hid subdriver uses
some status information that we can only by querying the UPS as one
report over the interrupt pipe is broken. Sadly enough this is the one
that sets the LB indication, a status that we certainly don't want to miss.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Weren't you supposed to be on holiday? Peter and I are executing all
kinds of mischief now that you're absent. Should we hold back until
you're really out in the woods? :-)