[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1041 - in trunk: . drivers

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:55:28 UTC 2007

2007/8/13, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> > a quick note about HU_WALKMODE_*_UPDATE: this is a mess! really!
> > at first, it was intended to only query the main variables, when the
> > interrupt support wasn't yet implemented. It was interesting to lower
> > a bit the USB communication on the UPS side, since as Arjen told, the
> > UPS was already generating verbose outputs.
> >
> > the situation has evolved since that day...
>
> Yes, but unfortunately we still need it. The belkin-hid subdriver uses
> some status information that we can only by querying the UPS as one
> report over the interrupt pipe is broken. Sadly enough this is the one
> that sets the LB indication, a status that we certainly don't want to miss.

yup, I've quickly seen to thread follow up

> Best regards, Arjen
>
> PS  Weren't you supposed to be on holiday? Peter and I are executing all
> kinds of mischief now that you're absent. Should we hold back until
> you're really out in the woods? :-)

no, no, be my guest guys. you're always doing a pretty damn good job
when I'm out there :-p
and I'm not there, you've not seen me ;-)
I was only passing by, while posting my latest work on hal/lirc, and
have not resisted to trim down a bit my mail stack (I'll appreciate
few hundred mails less, for sure ;-)

cheers,
-- Arnaud