[Nut-upsdev] A UPS device

Ilan Tayari ilan at cogniview.com
Mon Aug 20 14:34:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

The company I work for has recently purchased an Advice TopGuard 2K UPS.

it took me a while, sniffing the communication between the "official"
UPS monitor program and the UPS device itself, until I figured out that
the correct driver for this UPS is megatec.

After some testing it works.

Someone should probably add this to the compatibility list:

Manufacturer: Advice

Model: TopGuard 2000VA

NUT Driver: megatec

In fact, this is a powercom device inside, but it is sold under the
Advice brand name, and has Advice written all over it.

I spoke to one David Be'er from Advice, who told me to use the
"official" monitor software - but he didn't have any solution to the
ncurses-4 requirement (I had only ncurses-5 on my system)

He offered to forward any questions to the manufacturer abroad, but I
didn't do that since I found out that the megatec driver works well enough.

Thank you guys for the great software,

Now I'm off to setup the slave "upsmon"s

Ilan.