[Nut-upsdev] Testing NUT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:15:04 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> how do you test NUT?

manually.

There are a few portions of NUT that could be tested automatically
(interaction between upsd, upsmon, and upsc) but much of the
development happens on the driver side. Since drivers manipulate live
hardware (which could potentially shut down the testing system), it is
safer to test the drivers under controlled conditions.

My original intent with Buildbot was to catch non-portable programming
practices (e.g. things that work in Linux but not in Solaris), and
maybe eventually track and reduce the number of warnings. I haven't
set anything up to track warnings yet, though.

--
- Charles Lepple