[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Thu Feb 1 03:36:56 CET 2007

Peter,
    I understand that the real functionality should be elsewhere than
the driver. But the commands for the serial interface allow for
wanted to be able to do that as well. This would then make the driver
issue all the commands that are possible.

Jon

At 13:15 1/02/2007, Peter Selinger wrote:
>Jon Gough wrote:
> >
> > Carlos,
> >     I have implemented that and it works.
> >
> >     What I want to do is run the T<n>  command to have it test for a
> > different length of time than the standard 10 secs. If I can get this
> > to work then I can send other commands to setup the UPS correctly, ie
> > wait 10 mins after loss of power before shutting servers down, but
> > make sure there is 2 mins of power left to allow for shut down to occur.
>
>I don't think that kind of functionality belongs in the driver. The
>driver should limit itself to reading information and sending commands
>to the UPS. Decisions about when and how to shut down should be left
>to upsmon, which does it uniformly for all drivers.
>
>-- Peter

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-1, 31/01/2007
Tested on: 1/02/2007 1:41:56 PM