[Nut-upsdev] Re: [Nut-upsuser] Ablerex 625L USB version

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Thu Feb 1 05:05:12 CET 2007

On 2/1/07, Jon Gough <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au> wrote:

>  Peter,
>    I understand that the real functionality should be elsewhere than the
> driver. But the commands for the serial interface allow for sending
> to do that as well. This would then make the driver issue all the commands
> that are possible.

Maybe it's just because it's 4am, or because I skipped too much of the

The "megatec" driver already does it. If we're talking about a simple layer
to communicate with the UPS over USB instead of serial (something that has
been talked about), then it's just that, a simple layer under the unmodified
megatec driver. Or are we talking about more than just a simple
encapsulation of the megatec protocol, something like a mix of megatec
strings and USB specific stuff?

I went back a few posts, but since I haven't had much time to read
everything thoroughly, I'm starting to get confused with all this (and
starting to think that there isn't much hope of concentrating all things
megatec under a single driver).

--
Carlos Rodrigues