[Nut-upsdev] Using USB CyberPower CPL550SL / AE550, not working with usbhid-ups driver.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:19:01 CET 2007

On 2/7/07, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've created a user for the software to use and set the
> permissions correctly.  What am I missing??

What does 'ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/004' say?

The other device nodes do refer to that device, but are not used (in
particular, anything that looks like hiddev* is avoided).

> BTW: I'm running 64bit version of Debian.  I didn't have any problems with
> the compile or install.

Which version of Debian?

Debian unstable actually has NUT 2.0.5, which automatically installs
the udev files that change permissions on the /dev/bus/usb* nodes. If
that turns out to be the problem, you can install the nut-usbups.rules
file that was built in scripts/hotplug-ng/ and get the same effect
without upgrading.

--
- Charles Lepple