[Nut-upsdev] Centralion Blazer 2000VA USB-HID

Guillaume JAOUEN guillaume.jaouen at rlconsultant.fr
Fri Feb 16 19:48:28 CET 2007

Hi again,

I've succeeded in compiling the svn trunk with the automake tools and wish
to say thank you to Charles Lepple for his help.

After fixing some parameters in the hotplug script I can now get access to
the UPS on /dev/usb/hiddev0 (I added productid and vendorid of my ups to the
usermap).

I've decided to try the newhidups driver with -x generic parameter and got
this response :

./newhidups -DDDDD -u nut -x generic -x vendorid=0665 auto
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

debug level is '5'
Checking device (0665/5161) (003/004)
- VendorID: 0665
- ProductID: 5161
- Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor
- Product: USB to Serial
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 003
Trying to match device
Device matches
HID descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 27)
Report descriptor retrieved (Reportlen = 27)
Found HID device
Report Descriptor size = 27
Report Descriptor: (200 bytes) => 06 00 FF 09 01 A1 01 09 02 15 00 26 FF 00
75 08
Detected a UPS: Cypress Semiconductor/USB to Serial
Using subdriver: GENERIC HID 0.1
Looking up ff000001
Looking up ff000002
entering string_to_path()
parsing ff000001
Looking up ff000001
parsing ff000002
Looking up ff000002
Path depth = 2
0: UPage(ff00), Usage(1)
1: UPage(ff00), Usage(2)
Can't find object ff000001.ff000002
Looking up ff000001
Looking up 00000000
[...]
entering identify_ups(0x0665, 0x5161)

upsdrv_updateinfo...
dstate_init: sock /var/state/ups/newhidups-auto open on fd 5
upsdrv_updateinfo...
Waiting for notifications...
upsdrv_updateinfo...

I've launched upsdrvctl and get this reply :

./upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.1.0
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.1.0)

Detected a UPS: Cypress Semiconductor/USB to Serial
Using subdriver: GENERIC HID 0.1

Then upsd :

./upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
Connected to UPS [blazer2000usb]: blazer2000usb
Synchronizing...done

But when I try to check status data I get this response :

./upsc blazer2000usb at localhost ups.status
Error: Variable not supported by UPS

And if I try to get other data I got this response :

./upsc blazer2000usb at localhost
driver.flag.generic: enabled
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.vendorid: 0665
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: GENERIC HID 0.1
driver.version.internal: 0.28
ups.mfr: Cypress Semiconductor
ups.model: USB to Serial

Our last mails about the centralion Blazer 2000 USB let me thought that this
UPS may use Megatec protocol.

As Centralion engineer told me that the UPS just send serial output over USB
port, I wonder if it's possible to link newhidups driver with a sort of
megatec subdriver ???

I try hidups driver without success :

./hidups -DDDDD -u nut /dev/usb/hiddev0
Network UPS Tools: HID UPS driver 0.13 (2.1.0)

Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

debug level is '5'
hiddev path open /dev/usb/hiddev0: No such device

I notice progress because I can now get an hiddev0 link with the ups but it
seem that there's no driver for this sort of UPS.

What is needed in order to help NUT project to support Centralion USB UPS ?

Best regards,
Guillaume JAOUEN.

  _____

Antivirus avast! <http://www.avast.com> : message Sortant sain.

Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 000714-2, 16/02/2007
Analyse le : 16/02/2007 19:47:57