[Nut-upsdev] Centralion Blazer 2000VA USB-HID

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Feb 16 23:21:35 CET 2007

Guillaume,

first, you may want to update your trunk. The newhidups driver was
renamed usbhid-ups, and the -x generic option was renamed -x explore
in the last few months.

Also, your device is a "USB to Serial" device, and is not supported by
newhidups/usbhid-ups (I think Kjell already mentioned this to you in
April 2006).

Your device looks similar to the Mustek Powermust 600USB (06DA/0003)
OMRON/87XXUPS that was reported by Carlos on nut-upsdev on Apr 14, 2006.
It is therefore possible that it can be supported by the new
megatec_usb driver. This driver is still under development. To get it,
you need to check out at least revision 823 of the SVN trunk.
Some tweaking will probably be necessary to get it to talk to your
device.

-- Peter