[Nut-upsdev] Belkin F6C100-UNV + newhidups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 23:39:14 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, James Rose <james+nut-upsdev at stubbornroses.com> wrote:
> It's strange that the debian packages didn't create any of the
> configuration files in /etc/nut (but they were in the
> /usr/share/doc/nut/examples).  I can't recall another package that
> doesn't.  Perhaps that's worthy of filing a debian bug.

There is no single configuration that applies to every machine, so the
config files are not installed by default.

There have been several bugs filed on the NUT Debian packages in the
past regarding config files and upgrading.

> # /lib/nut/newhidups -D 3 -x productid=0910 /dev/usb/hiddev0
[...]
> =======For my own sanity=======
>
> # ls -l /dev/usb/hiddev0
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 180, 96 Feb 15 15:34 /dev/usb/hiddev0

newhidups does not use /dev/usb/hiddev*.

You can get this to work by adding this to
/etc/udev/rules.d/025_nut-usbups.rules:

SYSFS{idVendor}=="050d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0910", MODE="664", GROUP="nut"

and unplugging and replugging the UPS's USB cable.

--
- Charles Lepple