[Nut-upsdev] Belkin F6C100-UNV + newhidups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 23:42:00 CET 2007

On 2/16/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/16/07, James Rose <james+nut-upsdev at stubbornroses.com> wrote:
> > It's strange that the debian packages didn't create any of the
> > configuration files in /etc/nut (but they were in the
> > /usr/share/doc/nut/examples).  I can't recall another package that
> > doesn't.  Perhaps that's worthy of filing a debian bug.
>
> There is no single configuration that applies to every machine, so the
> config files are not installed by default.

What I meant to point out here is that a machine without a USB UPS may
still be protected by another UPS (with shutdowns signalled across the
network), and while testing, you may not want a simulated power
failure to shut down your system. It's a little more complicated than
something like gphoto, where plugging in a USB camera won't
accidentally trigger a system shutdown (modulo kernel panics and the
like).

--
- Charles Lepple