[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r801 - in

Jon Gough jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au
Mon Feb 19 06:59:45 CET 2007

Peter,
    I have made a small change to the megatec_usb.c file. This is to
add endpoint to the usb_ups_t so that it can be specified in the
KnownDevices array. I have uploaded it, but I seem to have missed
uploading the message area to explain what the change was. I am not
use to using SVN on Linux, so it is user error (dumb user syndrom),
sorry about that.

    As far as I can tell, the non-Ablerex UPSs should still work OK
as they still get the endpoint number they are expecting.

Regards
    Jon

At 09:55 17/02/2007, Peter Selinger wrote:
>Alex and co,
>
>I have merged the megatec_usb driver to the main trunk, and deleted
>the branch. The driver is still not complete, but since development
>does not require too many changes to other NUT files, it may as well
>be on the trunk.
>
>We still need to:
>
>* fix the device matching code, so that new users can experiment
>   without having to write C code,
>
>* create a man page for the driver.
>
>-- Peter
>
>Alexander I. Gordeev wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:04:07 +0300, Jon Gough
> <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Peter,
> > >     Yep, at the moment the Krauler driver works OK for me. So if you
> > > want to make the change that is fine.
> > >

> > Could you please test recently added instant commands?
> > Also it would be great to know how often do you get "UPS No Ack" for
> > various requests. I'll send you some code to do it...
> >
> > On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:06:35 +0300, Jon Gough
> <jon.gough at eclipsesystems.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Peter,
> > >     I am still trying to get more information from the manufacturers,
> > > but they did send this through to me. I am not going to have time to
> > > look into it before Tuesday next week. But I thought I should post it
> > > anyway. My VendorID is -1 rather than 1, but....................
> > >

> > Looks very promising. If I understand right GetFeature/SetFeature
> > are Windows routines for getting/setting Feature-reports.
> > We should check if this protocol is working.
> >
> > I only wonder, why Windows driver uses different protocol...
> >
> > --
> >    Alexander

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000714-3, 18/02/2007
Tested on: 19/02/2007 5:02:43 PM