[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1019 - in trunk: . drivers

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Jul 10 21:31:22 UTC 2007

Den Tuesday 10 July 2007 09.40.48 skrev Arnaud Quette:
> Hi Kjell,

Hi Arnaud,
> a few notes:
> - you should bump the DRV_VERSION upon every change

Yes I have been thinking about that, and it should be up to about 0.20 at this
point. But now I have incremented it to 0.12 for the last patch.

> - you should track the drivers TODO list in a comment header (such as
> "implement smart load segment detection" completed with your info,
> ...). That would help to bootstrap new contributors.

This have been done. I don't think it was needed to put 0.13 in the driver as
it is only a comment.

> - you can also use the alioth trackers (features request, or task) to
> give some external visibility on what remains to be done.

Yes that is a good idea.

> btw, I'm interested in an upsc output to look at what is available in
> the outlet.* collection.
> I still need to complete the docs/powersave.txt file...

The problem is that the driver is not parsing this outlet block.
This is in the TODO:

Quote:
Size of outlet monitoring block: (High priority)
To check if a outlet block is present.
Parse the outlet block to get the info about the
number of outlets and load segment state
(On, Off, On pending Off, Off pending On, Failed and closed, Failed and Open)
And the timers (Auto off delay, Auto on delay)
If this exist it is possible to use the
'Set outlet parameter command (0x97)' to alter the delay
settings or turn the outlet on or off with a delay (0 - 32767 seconds)
Also enable the outlet on off or shutdown-return commands in the driver.
(Check 'Communication Port List Block' down the list for more info)
Unquote.

So what you can get from the outlet is the number of outlets. Then
the list holds:

outlet number ( 1, 2, 3 ..) .

State of outlet. (On, Off, On pending Off, Off pending On, Failed and closed,
Failed and Open)

Auto Off delay (seconds (16bit int))

Auto On delay  (seconds (16bit int))

Regards