[Nut-upsdev] Cyberpower USB CP550SL RT (AE550)

n xellos at bluebottle.com
Sat Jul 14 03:42:23 UTC 2007

Hello,
I have the Cyberpower  USB CP550SL RT< whats its called when i bought it :) (AE550 according to upsc) and i think its missing some monitor options such as load, wattage use, temp..etc (shows in powerpanel pro,personal ed under win) ..it seem to be really lacking
the only options i get are
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 20
battery.runtime: 4560
battery.runtime.low: 300
battery.type: PbAcid
battery.voltage: 20.2              < seems abit high shouldnt it be 12?
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.2.0
driver.version.data: APC/CyberPower HID 0.9
driver.version.internal: 0.30
input.transfer.high: 140
input.transfer.low: 100
input.voltage: 119.0
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage: 119.0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.restart: 0
ups.delay.shutdown: -1
ups.mfr: CPS
ups.model: UPS AE550
ups.power.nominal: 467        < should this be 550va?
ups.productid: 0501
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: Done and passed
ups.vendorid: 0764

with upscmd i only get these options
#upscmd -l cyberpower
Instant commands supported on UPS [cyberpower]:
load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.on - Turn on the load immediately
shutdown.stop - Stop a shutdown in progress
beeper.on - Enable the UPS beeper
beeper.off - Temporarily mute the UPS beeper

(its missing battery test functions and other options but im not sure what else)

how can i get support for the extra settings? its only a usb ups (no serial cable) so i used the usbhid-ups driver the most basic functions seem to work such as on batt , online, discharging when i unplugged it (the battery.charge seemed to stay at 100% but im not sure if thats normal this is a brand new ups and a really small pc hooked up (no monitor or anything)

please let me know what i can do to help get the needed features added or enabled ( i can test or provide debug info if you tell me what to do )
my ./configure is as so
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ups --localstatedir=/var --with-cgi --with-cgipath=/etc/apache2/global/nut/  --with-htmlpath=/etc/apache2/global/nut/ --with-drivers=cyberpower,genericups,powerpanel,usbhid-ups,cpsups --with-usb   --with-hal   --with-lib --local

thanks

Find out how you can get spam free email.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/3