[Nut-upsdev] belkin-hid: UPS.PowerSummary.BelowRemainingCapacityLimit

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Jul 29 10:44:05 UTC 2007

Peter,

Apparently, some Belkin UPSes still have problems with this. When we
receive this report through the interrupt pipeline it is ignored (the
special case in usbhid-ups.c) and even after that it looks like there
are still some problems with it:
 http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2007-July/003014.html

Wouldn't it be an option to just to ignore this completely and instead
use bit 2 from 'UPS.BELKINStatus.BELKINBatteryStatus'? It looks like the
battery low status is duplicated there.

Another thing that puzzles me, is why we use two ways to set the online
status of the UPS (through 'UPS.PowerSummary.ACPresent' and bit 5 of
'UPS.BELKINStatus.BELKINBatteryStatus'). Is this because some models
only support the latter and not the first? Could we also use bit 0 from
'UPS.BELKINStatus.BELKINPowerStatus' which indicates directly (according
to the comments) the AC status, instead of inverting the discharging bit
from 'UPS.BELKINStatus.BELKINBatteryStatus'?