[Nut-upsdev] Reserve '_' in driver names?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Jun 8 07:02:35 UTC 2007

[ renaming drivers ]

> Or would this cause too much grief downstream? The alternative is to use
> a double '_' as separator character, but personally, I thinks this looks
> bug__ugly. :-)

Never mind this message. The driver name is irrelevant for the socket
name. One can query which driver is used from the UPS data structures, so
we can also use 'user-' and 'auto-' as prefixes, to make a distinction
between user- and automatically configured UPS'es. Therefor, I withdraw
this proposal, it has no merit.

Since hot(un)pluggable UPS'es won't have an 'ups.conf' entry, I will make
the option to start a driver without an entry there available again in the
trunk, once the server picks up the drivers to connect to from the
STATEPATH, rather than from 'ups.conf'.