[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r983 - in trunk: . data drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 26 19:09:55 UTC 2007

Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Author: adkorte-guest
> Date: Sun Jun 24 18:57:03 2007
> New Revision: 983
>
> Log:
> Make 'powerpanel' driver first choice for Cyber Power text and binary protocol UPS systems.
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/ChangeLog
>    trunk/data/driver.list
>    trunk/drivers/cpsups.c

Is it OK to backport this into Testing, with the exception that the
'cpsups' driver is not flagged broken, but rather displays an
informative message that it is obsolete and replaced by 'powerpanel'?

We have received some reports about the 'cpsups' driver segfaulting, so
I don't think it should be the preferred driver for the UPS hardware it
is supposed to be supporting. However, I also don't see a reason to
break the systems where it is already used successfully (if any), hence
the preference to just display an informative message only instead of
flagging it broken.