[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r831 - in trunk: .

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sat Mar 3 05:08:52 CET 2007

Arnaud,

the problem was: we want to install the hotplug scripts automatically
with "make install". However, we cannot assume that a group "ups"
exists (and if it doesn't, then there will be error messages during
system boot). Even if there is a user called "ups", this does not
guarantee that there is a group called "ups".

So we either have to make the group name configurable, or else not use
a group at all.

-- Peter