[Nut-upsdev] Online-UPS Xanto support status?

Luca Lesinigo lucky at luckyluke.org
Wed Mar 21 03:04:18 CET 2007

Hello there. I use Online Xanto ups'es so I did some googling for
their support in nut. Turns out that...

- networkupstools.org talks about an 'optiups' driver in the
development version (http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/dev.html -
by the way, the web page says 'stable' in the title and headings just
like the actual stable one)
- Andreas Thienemann seems to have a working driver, discussed in
this May-2006 thread (http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-
upsdev/2006-May/000886.html), with someone suggesting it's similar to
the 'megatec' protocol
- Marc Balmer and/or Hanning Brauer added Xanto support to the
fentonups driver sometime in 2006 (http://ports.openbsd.nu/sysutils/nut)

Is someone working on Xanto support? Will it be based on one of those
three solutions? Which one?

I used minicom to send a 'Q1' to a brand new Xanto RT (it's a new
series, seems like an improved Xanto S/SR) and it responded just like
a Xanto S should do according to Andres' driver.

Thank you all for your good work with nut.

--
Luca Lesinigo