[Nut-upsdev] Powercom black knight 800VA (usb)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:04:22 CET 2007

On 3/18/07, Libor Klepáč <libor.klepac at bcom.cz> wrote:
> ok, here is log from  http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/index.php.en,
> i thought, it is the same tool
>
> http://jouda.webx.cz/dump/usbsnoop.log.tar.gz

I was able to read this - thanks for re-capturing.

I should start by saying that I have no clue how the Powercom protocol
works, other than having looked at the driver source code.

However, it looks like there are a few differences right off the bat
between the serial driver and the USB log you posted.

The models listed in powercom.c output 11 or 16 bytes. The most that I
see in the USB log is 8, but even then, some of them are zeroes at the
end.

If you have some time, please look at the interrupt URBs coming back, e.g.:

[6580 ms]  <<<  URB 10 coming back  <<<
-- URB_FUNCTION_BULK_OR_INTERRUPT_TRANSFER:
  PipeHandle           = 8221c0c4 [endpoint 0x00000081]
  TransferFlags        = 00000003 (USBD_TRANSFER_DIRECTION_IN,
USBD_SHORT_TRANSFER_OK)
  TransferBufferLength = 00000008
  TransferBuffer       = 82176148
  TransferBufferMDL    = 8217e588
    00000000: f0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
  UrbLink              = 00000000

and see if you can see any patterns in that 8-byte block after
TransferBufferMDL.

That is, when in that log did you unplug the power, or change settings?

--
- Charles Lepple