[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed May 2 09:23:48 UTC 2007

[ secondary port ]

> So, I'm not sure the cyberpower driver needs to cover the secondary port
> at all, as this behavior seems consistent with a standard "contact
> closure" system.  Thoughts?

Spot on. According to the information from the CyberPower website, the
secondary port is monitored through the PowerPanel software and not the
PowerPanel Plus software. I think you're correct and that the secondary
port is indeed a 'contact closure' interface. The behavior observed is
consistent with that. The UPS probably raises the 'low battery' signal on
the secondary interface when it is told to shutdown on the first one and
as such, overrides any delays specified for shutdown for the 'on battery'
state.