[Nut-upsdev] Accessing nut online

Barb Smith mystified at satx.rr.com
Fri May 11 15:21:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

These are the instructions I have about accessing nut online.

By using the cgi use flag you have the files to use on the webserver.

> If you look in /usr/html after emerge you find the html files.
> Copy this files to /var/www/localhost/htdocs/nut
> (if you want it as www.my.org/nut )
>

> In /usr/share/nut you find the cgi files. Copy this files to
> /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/nut
>
> In that directory create the .htaccess file
>
> <Files upsset.cgi>
> deny from all
> allow from 127.0.0.1
> </Files>
>
> Now you need this files.
>
> --------------------------
> /etc/nut/hosts.conf
>
> MONITOR belkin at localhost "Local UPS"
>
> ---------------------------
> /etc/nut/upsset.conf
>
> Read the content of this file and secure your cgi directory
> the uncomment the line.
> (If you have done the .htaccess in the cgi-bin it is secure)
>
> I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY
> -------------------------------------
>
> You also need the 'upsstats-single.html and upsstats.html'
> in the /etc/nut directory. This is template files for the
> cgi.
>
> Now you can check status and info from the webb.

I remerged nut with a use flag of cgi.  I have no cgi files in
/usr/share/nut. /var/www/localhost/htdocs is not a directory but just a
file called nut.  I have no nut directory under cgi-bin.  What am I
missing?

Thanks for the help

Barbara Smith