[Nut-upsdev] Accessing nut online

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Fri May 11 16:59:06 UTC 2007

Hi Barb,

8<--------------------------snip-------------------------------
> I remerged nut with a use flag of cgi.  I have no cgi files in
> /usr/share/nut. /var/www/localhost/htdocs is not a directory but just a
> file called nut.  I have no nut directory under cgi-bin.  What am I
> missing?
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Barbara Smith

A little of topic on this list. Think it is only me that run Gentoo
of the developers.

But the directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs is not part of nut, this
belong to the apache server.

So you have to create the nut directory under the htdocs and also
under the cgi-bin.

The problem is that you don't get the /usr/share/nut directory
with the cgi files. Reemerge the package and check for any errors
during emerge. Also check the nut-2.0.5.tar.gz that you made to
include the new megatec driver that there are no missing files.

If you have any installation questions mail it on the Gentoo forum (or
me).
And usage questions about nut should go on the Nut-upsuser list, as this
list handles driver patches, code, new ups support, and anything related
to the development of nut.

For reference to other on this list.
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-557492-highlight-.html

Regards