[Nut-upsdev] tripp lite smart2200RMXL2U error reading protocol

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:47:54 UTC 2007

On 5/14/07, Lance Thomas <Lance.Thomas at fammed.wisc.edu> wrote:
> I tried the newhidups with the command:
> newhidups -u root -DDDD -x vendorid=09ae -x productid=3012 auto
>
> and it goes through finds the ups and tells me that this particular
> Tripp Lite device (09ae/3012) is not supported.  And then to try the
> tripplite_usb.

If you're comfortable poking around the source code, you could add
another case to drivers/tripplite-hid.c (~ line 205) to check for your
product ID (0x3012). Not sure how hard that is to work into the Gentoo
package, but I imagine someone here could help if you get stuck.

There still may be some other adjustments needed to the driver, but
this will let us see the debug output from the tripplite-hid.c/h
files.

> I forgot to mention that when we got this tripplite we took the standard
> NEMA 5-20P input plug off and are using the NEMA 5-15P plug instead.  I
> don't think that would make a difference, but I thought I'd mention it
> just in case.

I am not sure if the UPS can identify the plug type in its status messages.

--
- Charles Lepple