[Nut-upsdev] tripp lite smart2200RMXL2U error reading protocol

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon May 14 14:43:59 UTC 2007

Lance Thomas wrote:

> I tried the newhidups with the command:
> newhidups -u root -DDDD -x vendorid=09ae -x productid=3012 auto
>
> and it goes through finds the ups and tells me that this particular
> Tripp Lite device (09ae/3012) is not supported.  And then to try the
> tripplite_usb.

And then it asks you to report the results to the mailing list, which
you have hereby done :)

There are two things to do:

(1) try the --explore option that Charles was talking about. This will
    not make the driver work, but it will generate sufficient debugging
    info for us to make the driver work. Please use -DD and not -DDDD,
    as the latter generates too much useless information. Please post
    the output.

(2) If you can upgrade from 2.0.5 to a current SVN version of NUT
    (compiled from sources), then the driver might work directly.

-- Peter