[Nut-upsdev] nut + usb + udev with kernel 2.6.22

Gilad Arnold arnold at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 8 19:12:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 08:54:17PM +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
> > SUBSYSTEM=="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
> > GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"
>
> Well, I suppose Arnaud had a reason to include the BUS here, so just
> stripping this doesn't seem to be the right thing to do. Since it
> doesn't hurt to have it, I still don't grasp the reason why it should
> be removed.

I thought we concluded that there is no known reason to compare with the
BUS variable; there is no evidence where it is needed, nor is it
addressed by current udev rules (which is not reported as a problem).
Additionally, I thought you suggested not to mix 'equals' with
'not-equals' guards (which I agree with).  Hence, I concluded that
pruning the 'BUS equals' clause would solve both.  Did I get it wrong?

Gilad