[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1043 - in trunk: . docs drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Sep 6 11:05:41 UTC 2007

> Since we (MGE) don't use the RemainingTimeLimitExpired nor
> FullyDischarged, I can't tell for these ones. But in theory, the
> FullyDischarged flag should also trigger LB. If we're OB, then FSD
> will come up. Otherwise, there is no real problem...

Be careful here, the LB state is not something we want to signal if the
battery is not really low and/or providing power to the outputs. This is
one of the status words that will trigger the NOTIFYCMD. We certainly
don't want that to fire when the battery is not really low. Otherwise you
can expect people to start complaining that they see messages in the
syslog that the battery is low, while the charge indication is showing
100% charge (we had that recently already). Or the NOTIFYCMD to send off
an alarm message for normal, user initiated shutdowns.