[Nut-upsdev] powercom-usb drriver complie?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:40:37 UTC 2007

Hi Paul and Arjen,

2007/9/4, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> The PowerCom USB UPS'es will require writing a new subdriver to deal with
> the USB-to-serial converter it has, as my second reply to you already
> stated. This will require plenty of testing, for which having access to
> the UPS is crucial. I don't have such a unit and even if I had, don't have
> the time to write this subdriver. This loosely relates to the following
> comment in the FAQ:

another possible solution is to contact (possibly call for other users
on the NUT user list) Powercom and ask them to work on NUT, especially
to create this sub driver.

Once more, and I'll never tell this enough, *any* manufacturer is
welcome to contribute to NUT.

If you ever do such a thing, please keep us informed.

Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team