[Nut-upsdev] snmp driver for Liebert AP300

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:06:34 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Andrew Fleming <andrew.fleming at washburn.edu> wrote:
> I assume this is the best way to get in contact with the developers of
> the snmp-ups driver for nut.

Just noticed your email hadn't been answered on-list yet. Generally
speaking, yes, this is a good way to contact the developers. However,
you may need to cc individual developers of a driver (as well as the
list) to get their attention.

> We have a Liebert AP300 Series UPS with an SNMP Card.  I'm trying to
> write a new header file for nut so we can support our UPS with nut.
> I've got the driver to compile with Nut 2.2.0 source on RedHat EL v4 and
> some of the info is correct, but the main thing the power/battery status
> is not.  My C is very rusty and only fair at SNMP stuff.  If anyone
> could help it would be greatly appreciated.

To make it easier for developers to merge your changes into their
working copy of the source tree, it is advisable to use "diff -u" on
the original file and your changed file (in this case, snmp-ups.c).

What do you get from "snmpwalk -c public -v 1 address-of-ups"?

(BTW, the URL of the MIB on Liebert's site is no longer valid... if
you can get it below 40 kB, you can gzip it and attach it.)

--
- Charles Lepple