[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower CP550SL - I figured it out!

orangevixen postmaster at ccinet.com
Fri Aug 8 08:44:04 UTC 2008

Yay, I got the serial cable that they sent me in the mail today and it
DOES work!!

This new serial cable is a straight-through DB9 serial cable, the one
that I had from my old UPS was NOT a straight-through DB9 (even though
it says it is on the connector heads).

The settings in the genericupsups.8 manual page does work for the
Cyberpower CP550SL. The OL status switches to OB when I pull the plug.

The only down side? the new serial cable that they gave me is so short
it does not reach from the computer to the floor. So now I have to go
get a longer straight-through serial cable. :/

-Tara