[Nut-upsdev] RPM .spec files in NUT source tree

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 15 12:36:24 UTC 2008

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:

> Since we do not have many developers who use the *.spec files
> (although Arjen keeps the openSUSE directory up-to-date), I am not
> sure if we are doing the packagers a disservice by shipping old
> package descriptions. We try to keep the version numbers updated via
> autoconf macros, but without testing, the list of drivers and man
> pages can get stale.

I would prefer *not* to ship *.spec files. Usually, it is much easier
to grab the latest SRPM from the distribution in question, change a
couple of value and get things running again. This is how I usually
deal with this, I never use the openSUSE spec file that is in the NUT
development/stable version.

Please keep list traffic on the list