[Nut-upsdev] RPM .spec files in NUT source tree

Tomáš Smetana tsmetana at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 14:06:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:36:22 -0500
"Charles Lepple" <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question to the packagers: Would you prefer that we include a
> README file with a link to your website where you keep information
> about your NUT packages? Or is it worthwhile for us to pull in your
> changes every so often, so that people who want to test new drivers
> can do so before you release a new version of NUT?

This is my "me too" mail:  I join those who don't think having the
distribution specific spec files in upstream sources is any benefit to the
users or packagers -- just for Fedora there are F-9, F-10, Rawhide, EPEL-4 and
EPEL-5 versions and each of them might (and do) differ from the upstream ones
and from each other too...

One more note: I just handled the NUT maintainership to my collague Michal
Hlavinka (cc:-ed) so I abuse this thread to announce the change and kindly
ask you to direct any Fedora packaging issues at him.

Best regards,

--
Tomáš Smetana
Sr. Software Maintenance Engineer, Red Hat