[Nut-upsdev] Battery Volts shown as 20+ on Cyber PowerUPS CP1000AVRLCD [ DATA ]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Dec 16 02:53:25 UTC 2008

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:
>
>> I did it. With the battery half-way out, still connected, and with the
>> multi-meter leads securely in the connectors, I got the right data
>> this time.
>> As before, when you get time for a patch, I'm more than happy to test.
>> The data is:
>
> [....]
>
> Thanks for this report. Short of some inconsistencies (that are probably
> due to timing mismatches between measured values and reported values),
> it looks like a fairly simple adjustment. The reported value is about
> 1.5 times the actual value, so I have set a multiplier of 0.667 for the
> CyberPower devices that are identified by [0764:0501]. I searched the
> archives and it looks like all devices with this VID:PID have this
> problem, so we can use just that to match them.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Thanks Arjen!

	Is there anywhere I need to try and put the 0.667 multiplier in the source
code? I'm not familiar with the nut source, but if you pointed me to the right
file and let me know what variables I'm looking for, I could try and patch it
and then rebuild using the src.rpm spec file.

	Thanks Again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.      |          openSoftware und SystemEntwicklung
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC           |             Countdown for openSuSE 11.1